AlexTheGreatishAlexTheGreatish

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

Don't Get Spiked! Don't Get Spiked!

Crisp graphics, nice controls, but the one problem I have with this game is the powerup that makes you slow down. It's useful once you grab it, but when it suddenly disappears the game becomes incredibly fast and frustrating to play. Once the powerup stops going the game should still be going slightly slower than normal and slowly get faster until the speed's going back to normal. Essentially the powerup becomes a surefire way to LOSE once the speed starts going fast, and I don't think there should be a powerup that you want to avoid.

Death Count Death Count

Despite everything I'm about to type, I still recommend you give the game a go.

The sound effects are terrible. When you die from a moving spike, the spike should not bounce around. Or at least mute the spike's sound effect when this happens, as it gets really annoying when the sound plays again and again rapid-fire. The controls are sluggish. The disappearing platforms sometimes disappear when they aren't supposed to. The first level in the hard section isn't a fun kind of hard, but a sketchy kind of hard that uses a feature the player has no experience with yet. It's basically guesswork.

The game has a lot of potential, and I enjoyed many parts, but the game is just unpolished.

No Touch No Touch

The 8-bit style of this game basically prevents "pretty" graphics, but you did a great job on making sure there was no question on what each thing was. Clearly that's a yarn ball, and that's obviously a mouse. Nice.

The game is unfortunately a bit unpolished overall, and I have to agree with RadicalFire that, frankly, it's just too easy.

Gravity Trails Gravity Trails

First of all, why does everything have a shadow that gets projected onto the backdrop? It makes the game feel less like we're in space and more like there's a big wall behind us. Also, I feel like the player moves too slowly, making it very difficult to judge when to jump over spikes. Maybe it's just the fact that as your player moves right or left he also moves down due to the curvature of the planets. It took a second, but not long after I started playing I got used to this.

These are minor complaints. The game is impressive for only being made in 48 hours and by no means do I dislike it. It's a great game, with creative ideas and a nice and simple (but not unoriginal) concept.

One last thing: when you're at the bottom of planets pressing the right arrow key you will move left, and vice versa. I guess this is necessary and it adds extra difficulty to the game, but it's tedious nevertheless.

Crap Game Compilation 2 Crap Game Compilation 2

→ → → → ↓ ↓ ← ← ← → → → → → → ↑ ↑ ← ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ → ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← ← ← for level 13 of Destination Purple

hitBox hitBox

First of all, great game. Great graphics, puzzles, concept, music, and level design. But the animations were a little slow...

The game, I guess, is just supposed to be slow, but really it can be played at any speed you please. Once you hit the end square, the gold one, you don't just WIN, instead you have to wait a few seconds until your square calms down before your options come up. Speaking of options coming up, the options come up a little slow.

Maybe just a minor complaint, but still, it got to me.

Super Dangerous Dungeons Super Dangerous Dungeons

Great art, great story, great controls, great level design

This game has it all!

Snowman's Christmas Snowman's Christmas

Good game, although it has barely any levels. That is my only complaint. Also, no mute button.

beetracks responds:

We are working in an update for a couple of extra stages (Not many, but still, it will be relevant). But we will add a mute button. Thank you for the feedback!

Primary Primary

First of all, amazing game!

The platformer physics were very good, felt like I was in complete control of where I went the entire time. Just great coding in general, Jack Smack. This probably has to do with the fact that I'm in google chrome, but I REALLY liked that!

Very great details, like how the color wheel showed what color you would get if you turned it right or left, or the useful message at the bottom of the elevator buttons, or even the many ways to change your color. Just some nice little details that make the game more enjoyable.

The voice was pretty great too, along with the SFX and music. A lot of work put into that, I see.

Finally, whenever I die, I never feel like it was the games fault, if you know what I mean. The amazing game design made me feel like it was just user error.

All in all, I highly recommend this game to anyone wanting an enjoyable experience!!

SkullFace SkullFace

Everyone has their reasons for why they think a game is good.

For me, that would be good level design, which this game exceeds in!! Very good game, very good controls, and just, in general, amazing!