AlexTheGreatishAlexTheGreatish

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

Don't Get Spiked! Don't Get Spiked!

Crisp graphics, nice controls, but the one problem I have with this game is the powerup that makes you slow down. It's useful once you grab it, but when it suddenly disappears the game becomes incredibly fast and frustrating to play. Once the powerup stops going the game should still be going slightly slower than normal and slowly get faster until the speed's going back to normal. Essentially the powerup becomes a surefire way to LOSE once the speed starts going fast, and I don't think there should be a powerup that you want to avoid.

Death Count Death Count

Despite everything I'm about to type, I still recommend you give the game a go.

The sound effects are terrible. When you die from a moving spike, the spike should not bounce around. Or at least mute the spike's sound effect when this happens, as it gets really annoying when the sound plays again and again rapid-fire. The controls are sluggish. The disappearing platforms sometimes disappear when they aren't supposed to. The first level in the hard section isn't a fun kind of hard, but a sketchy kind of hard that uses a feature the player has no experience with yet. It's basically guesswork.

The game has a lot of potential, and I enjoyed many parts, but the game is just unpolished.

No Touch No Touch

The 8-bit style of this game basically prevents "pretty" graphics, but you did a great job on making sure there was no question on what each thing was. Clearly that's a yarn ball, and that's obviously a mouse. Nice.

The game is unfortunately a bit unpolished overall, and I have to agree with RadicalFire that, frankly, it's just too easy.